Does spelling count?

I wonder if my old age is making me less tolerant. I somehow just don't want to tackle an article in which the author can not even verify the correct spelling of a surname in a notorious murder case. Often we IDIs, as those who believe an intruder did it are often called, face criticism for refusing to even read much less give serious consideration to some of the utter tripe that is written on this case. Similarly, those who believe in flying saucers or multiple personalities often criticize non-believers for being too dismissive of various "evidence" that true-believers are fond of touting. The JonBenet Ramsey case has featured a handwriting "expert" whose qualifications consisted of experience as a sales clerk in a store that sold pens. Yet even that so-called expert, much beloved by the RDIs, managed to spell JonBenet's surname correctly.
So what should I make of the following? Is it worth my pondering this at all? Or should I simply dismiss from consideration any article wherein the author attempts to rope in some tangential reference to JonBenet Ramsey in order to buttress his arguments on a totally different topic?
"The scandals about sexually abusive priests ... [are] part of the fallout from a half-century of insidious sabotage by ultraliberal revisionists."
"The percentage of sexually abusive priests is notably higher among non-Catholic clerics and the number of offenders higher for secular schoolteachers -- a fact that the media persistently refuse to note."
"The present furor, though partly justified,..." (Did the author really say that the present furor over pedophile priests is but partly justified)?
"We condemn child pornography as criminal but applaud the parading of little girls, such as Jonbenet Ramsay, in beauty contests and teenage rock stars who do pole dances in concert before mobs of idolatrous children."
"Our violent reaction against pedophilia may be prompted by the ... mental equivalent of pedophilia that the media incessantly spew." (Ah,,, I get it. The author is asserting that the fault lies with the media not the pedophiles).
Excerpted from: American Thinker of April 11, 2010
Salvaging the Wreckage of the Catholic Church by Paul Shlichta.
Frankly, I think I'll not bother with it and will simply move on to an email I've received concerning a mid-western blackjack player's legal action after the casino tried to bar him from playing because he is a card-counter who made sixty-five grand in two years while getting free drinks from lovely ladies. Ah,,, what a life! And much more fun than tackling the work of authors who refer to JonBenet "Ramsay".
So what should I make of the following? Is it worth my pondering this at all? Or should I simply dismiss from consideration any article wherein the author attempts to rope in some tangential reference to JonBenet Ramsey in order to buttress his arguments on a totally different topic?
"The scandals about sexually abusive priests ... [are] part of the fallout from a half-century of insidious sabotage by ultraliberal revisionists."
"The percentage of sexually abusive priests is notably higher among non-Catholic clerics and the number of offenders higher for secular schoolteachers -- a fact that the media persistently refuse to note."
"The present furor, though partly justified,..." (Did the author really say that the present furor over pedophile priests is but partly justified)?
"We condemn child pornography as criminal but applaud the parading of little girls, such as Jonbenet Ramsay, in beauty contests and teenage rock stars who do pole dances in concert before mobs of idolatrous children."
"Our violent reaction against pedophilia may be prompted by the ... mental equivalent of pedophilia that the media incessantly spew." (Ah,,, I get it. The author is asserting that the fault lies with the media not the pedophiles).
Excerpted from: American Thinker of April 11, 2010
Salvaging the Wreckage of the Catholic Church by Paul Shlichta.
Frankly, I think I'll not bother with it and will simply move on to an email I've received concerning a mid-western blackjack player's legal action after the casino tried to bar him from playing because he is a card-counter who made sixty-five grand in two years while getting free drinks from lovely ladies. Ah,,, what a life! And much more fun than tackling the work of authors who refer to JonBenet "Ramsay".
Labels: American Media, beauty pageants, Cina Wong, JonBenet, JonBenet Ramsey, Journalism, pedophilia
<< Home