Media Scrutiny versus Privacy

It seems that John Mark Karr a/k/a Alexis Reich has somewhat strange views concerning the right to privacy. After having voluntarily sent to a journalism professor a massive number of emails concerning an unsolved murder and having made statements concerning his claimed involvement with that murder, he now thinks that he should be considered to be simply a private citizen with some sort of absolute right to privacy. He seems to consider that he is a victim of a witch hunt and that he is being portrayed as an oddity.
Well, he is indeed an oddity. Let us not forget that he avoided incarceration in Sonoma County simply because the Sheriff's property clerk lost the laptop computer that had been seized. John Mark Karr thrust himself into the limelight and now wants to be left alone because he appears as an oddity in the harsh glare of those lights. Well, what did he expect the lights to reveal? Did he think he could make statements in front of television news cameras implicating himself in the murder of a helpless six year old girl and then he could simply fade away into oblivion?
Set forth below is a link to an article appearing on a blog aggregator known as Examiner.com. Readers should be careful to note that the blog aggregator's use of the "SF Headlines Examiner" text does not mean that the material is from the San Francisco Examiner, which is a noteworthy newspaper to be found at www.sfexaminer.com.
JMK article: Former-JonBenet-Ramsey-suspect-John-Mark-Karr-now--Alexis-Reich-responds-to-tabloid-reports
The following is said to be the text of an email sent by John Mark Karr/ Alexis Reich:
I was warned of the impending reports almost a month prior. In a
letter of cease and desist, I pleaded with concerned parties of the
media and the individuals who reported to them, to respect my
privacy. My request was cast to no avail. Instead, the media pulled
in their most powerful legal teams to make sure that a private
citizen should be exposed. I learned quickly that I am afforded no
right to privacy that is assured by the U.S. constitution to all
other Americans. Profit has prevailed and there were those who made
money - let there be no doubt of that.
To answer whether I am female now, I say as did Saul who also
changed his name. As Paul, he said, "I have become all things to
all men so that, by all possible means, I might save some." 1
Corinthians 9:22.
I am the subject of a witch hunt that dragged me from my private
life to display me to the world like some strange oddity stuck
through with a straight pin in my enemies' collection. I was hunted
down to be exposed as a witch, moreover, to be destroyed as one.
The following is said to be the text of an email sent by John Mark Karr/ Alexis Reich:
I was warned of the impending reports almost a month prior. In a
letter of cease and desist, I pleaded with concerned parties of the
media and the individuals who reported to them, to respect my
privacy. My request was cast to no avail. Instead, the media pulled
in their most powerful legal teams to make sure that a private
citizen should be exposed. I learned quickly that I am afforded no
right to privacy that is assured by the U.S. constitution to all
other Americans. Profit has prevailed and there were those who made
money - let there be no doubt of that.
To answer whether I am female now, I say as did Saul who also
changed his name. As Paul, he said, "I have become all things to
all men so that, by all possible means, I might save some." 1
Corinthians 9:22.
I am the subject of a witch hunt that dragged me from my private
life to display me to the world like some strange oddity stuck
through with a straight pin in my enemies' collection. I was hunted
down to be exposed as a witch, moreover, to be destroyed as one.
Labels: Alexis Reich, Alexis Valoran Reich, Blog Aggregator, Examiner.com, John Mark Karr, JonBenet, JonBenet Ramsey, Right to Privacy, San Francisco Examiner, Vanity Blog
<< Home