Go Away!! Don't Bother Me!!

Go Away!
No, I do not know who this mononymous Beyonce is.
No, I have not ever before heard of a musical work entitled Single Ladies.
No, I have not ever seen anything that might be described as a Beyonce video associated with a song known as Single Ladies.
No, I've never heard of some eight hour competition known as World of Dance. Eight solid hours of anything boggles my mind. Eight hours of dancing would be an ordeal for me to watch. Eight minutes of dancing would be more than I could perform and anyone interested in watching me dance is hereby advised instead to simply use google to find a video of a beached whale.
No, I'm not sure exactly what a Precision Dance Team is, but I hope its fun, particularly if it has to be done for eight hours!
No, I've not watched that darned viral video everyone has been emailing me about.
Yes, After getting all those emails I did eventually click on a link and watch a few moments of the darned thing.
No, I did not find it the least bit interesting.
No, I don't think there is anything wrong about the costumes.
No, I don't think there is anything wrong about the dance routine.
No, I don't think those girls are victims of anything. They appear to be rather too happy for anyone to be even thinking of the word victim much less using it.
No, I have no idea at all about whether 8 or 9 year old girls should be doing this. I actually have no idea at all what 8 or 9 year old girls should be doing. They are dancing, They are not shooting heroin. It seems that they are happy doing so. It appears as if the dancing requires great preparation and practice as well as good nutrition and exercise. They are learning to focus their energy and achieve a goal. They seem happy and at ease with themselves during a public performance. I see nothing wrong with any of this and I most assuredly see nothing evil about it.
No, I see absolutely no basis for any of these endless allegations about sexually suggestive activities. Quite frankly, the comments about those dance moves or costumes being sexually suggestive made me think of the days of old wherein Abbie Hoffman would run alongside the tour buses that took suburban gawkers around the East Village. Abbie Hoffman was right. In running alongside the bus holding up a large mirror he was indeed allowing those tour guides to provide views of weird people who engage in strange activities. To those who see that dance routine as sexually stimulating, I can only roll my eyes in amazement at such thoughts and remind you that if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then so too is filth! May I suggest that all those who are looking askance at the dance routine look instead into Abbie Hoffman's mirror.
No, I see no rational basis for invoking the name of JonBenet Ramsey as some sort of mantra in this situation.
No, I see very little potential for a viewer of the dance routine to somehow track down the participants and creep into their homes during the night to kill them.
No, I still do not see any evidence at all that JonBenet's pageant activities had the slightest thing to do with her murder.
No, I do not see anything wrong with her choosing to be participating in pageants or with her parents supporting her choice and making it fun for her. It was their daughter, their time and their money.
No, all this palaver and nonsense about some California dance troupe will not in any way solve the murder case!
So go away and leave me alone. I'm working on a homicide case and can't be bothered dealing with some busybody who wants to tell other parents what their young daughters should be wearing and what their young daughters should be doing.
No, I do not know who this mononymous Beyonce is.
No, I have not ever before heard of a musical work entitled Single Ladies.
No, I have not ever seen anything that might be described as a Beyonce video associated with a song known as Single Ladies.
No, I've never heard of some eight hour competition known as World of Dance. Eight solid hours of anything boggles my mind. Eight hours of dancing would be an ordeal for me to watch. Eight minutes of dancing would be more than I could perform and anyone interested in watching me dance is hereby advised instead to simply use google to find a video of a beached whale.
No, I'm not sure exactly what a Precision Dance Team is, but I hope its fun, particularly if it has to be done for eight hours!
No, I've not watched that darned viral video everyone has been emailing me about.
Yes, After getting all those emails I did eventually click on a link and watch a few moments of the darned thing.
No, I did not find it the least bit interesting.
No, I don't think there is anything wrong about the costumes.
No, I don't think there is anything wrong about the dance routine.
No, I don't think those girls are victims of anything. They appear to be rather too happy for anyone to be even thinking of the word victim much less using it.
No, I have no idea at all about whether 8 or 9 year old girls should be doing this. I actually have no idea at all what 8 or 9 year old girls should be doing. They are dancing, They are not shooting heroin. It seems that they are happy doing so. It appears as if the dancing requires great preparation and practice as well as good nutrition and exercise. They are learning to focus their energy and achieve a goal. They seem happy and at ease with themselves during a public performance. I see nothing wrong with any of this and I most assuredly see nothing evil about it.
No, I see absolutely no basis for any of these endless allegations about sexually suggestive activities. Quite frankly, the comments about those dance moves or costumes being sexually suggestive made me think of the days of old wherein Abbie Hoffman would run alongside the tour buses that took suburban gawkers around the East Village. Abbie Hoffman was right. In running alongside the bus holding up a large mirror he was indeed allowing those tour guides to provide views of weird people who engage in strange activities. To those who see that dance routine as sexually stimulating, I can only roll my eyes in amazement at such thoughts and remind you that if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then so too is filth! May I suggest that all those who are looking askance at the dance routine look instead into Abbie Hoffman's mirror.
No, I see no rational basis for invoking the name of JonBenet Ramsey as some sort of mantra in this situation.
No, I see very little potential for a viewer of the dance routine to somehow track down the participants and creep into their homes during the night to kill them.
No, I still do not see any evidence at all that JonBenet's pageant activities had the slightest thing to do with her murder.
No, I do not see anything wrong with her choosing to be participating in pageants or with her parents supporting her choice and making it fun for her. It was their daughter, their time and their money.
No, all this palaver and nonsense about some California dance troupe will not in any way solve the murder case!
So go away and leave me alone. I'm working on a homicide case and can't be bothered dealing with some busybody who wants to tell other parents what their young daughters should be wearing and what their young daughters should be doing.
Labels: Abbie Hoffman, Beyonce, Dance, JonBenet, JonBenet Ramsey, Monomous Persons, Pageantry, Single Ladies
<< Home